- Are you looking for ways to stop being dependent upon Amazon for your author earnings income?
- Are you hoping to expand and grow your sales on multiple platforms in global territories?
- Do you need strategies to help you get started NOW in terms of creating a successful “publish wide” author plan?
- Would you like to increase and optimize your sales on Apple Books, Kobo, Nook, Google Play and more?
Then this episode which features a reading of an article by Erin Wright called “Top 10 Tips to Going Wide.”
Prior to the main content, Mark shares comments from recent episodes and a word from this episode’s sponsor.
You can learn more about how you can get your work distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
In his personal update, Mark shares the progress he has made on the “Canadian Werewolf” series, including a cover rebranding, a pre-order for mid August, and another pre-order for Feb 2021.
He also shares the fact he has started work on a book called WIDE FOR THE WIN which will also be published in early 2021.
The tips shared are:
- Stop jumping and out of KU
- Stop giving away Amazon gift cards of Kindle eReaders
- Stop advertising in paid newsletters that only include Amazon
- Stop linking to just Amazon
- Stop buying your books on Amazon
- Stop cross-promoting with other authors who are KU exclusive
- Stop targeting KU authors in your ads
- Stop spending money on AMS ads
- Stop having an ARC team that only reviews on Amazon
- Stop trying to learn from authors who are KU exclusive
After sharing the article, Mark reflects on the basic strategy that Erin employs across all of the tips.
Links of Interest:
- Erin Wright’s Website
- Top 10 Tips to Going Wide – Erin’s Article on Hidden Gems
- Wide for the Win Facebook Group
- Episode 143 – Unstoppable Goals with HB Lyne
- Mark’s Canadian Werewolf Series
- Wide for the Win Submission Form
- Findaway Voices
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
USA Today Bestselling author Erin Wright has worked every job under the sun, including library director, barista, teacher, website designer, and ranch hand helping brand cattle, before settling into the career she’s always dreamed about: Author. She still loves coffee, doesn’t love the smell of cow flesh burning, and has embarked on the adventure of a lifetime, traveling the country full-time in an RV. (No one has died yet in the confined 250-square-foot space – which she considers a real win – but let’s be real, next week isn’t looking so good…) Find her updates on ErinWright.net, where you can sign up for her newsletter along with the requisite pictures of Jasmine the Writing Cat, her kitty cat muse and snuggle buddy extraordinaire.