Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
In this solo episode, Mark plays clips from a couple of other podcasts, shares some personal updates related to his own audiobook products, and goes neck deep into his thoughts about audiobooks for authors.
The episode is sponsored by Findaway Voices.
Some of the topics Mark covers in this episode include:
- How much he still loves the 1987 song “Somewhere Down The Crazy River” by Robbie Robertson
- The fact that he is moving forward with producing the audiobook version of A Canadian Werewolf in New York and the short story This Time Around (both from his “Canadian Werewolf” series)
- A FreeBooksy promo he recently ran on an erotic horror title called Something Wicked (Nocturnal Screams 7)
- A BookBub promo he ran with his pal Sean Costello for the book Here After
- A new computer synth version of his book The 7 P’s of Publishing Success that is now available and why he is pricing this version at 99 cents
- A sample from his new VocoCraft computer synth version of the book, as well as the same sample from the human self-narrated version of the book
- The recent Public Lending Right Program check he received for the appearance of his books in Canadian libraries and why authors in Canada, the UK, Australia and other countries that have a PLR program should take advantage of that
- His recent guest appearance on The Sell More Books Show with Jim Kukral (Mark stepped in at the last minute to replace co-host Bryan Cohen who was ill)
- A short clip from Episode 255 of The Sell More Books Show talking about a new “choose your own audio” project from Amazon
- A couple of clips from The Creative Penn podcast episode 417, where Joanna interviewed Will Dages from Findaway Voices
- The reveal of the new Voices Share program from Findaway Voices
Mark also welcomes new Patron Sherilyn Decter and thanks all patrons who support the show and have access to additional audio content (Stark Reflections on Other Podcasts) and other material at www.patreon.com/starkreflections.
He also thanks those who commented on Episode 62 and draws the name of two winners for the Mythulu creation cards.
Links of Interest:
- Written Word Media (
BargainBooksy, FreeBooksy, etc)
- Here After by Sean Costello
- Scott Overton
- The 7 P’s of Publishing Success
- Public Lending Rights Program (Canada)
- The Sell More Books Show (Episode 255)
- The Creative Penn Podcast (Episode 417)
- Superstars Writing Seminars
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
- Stark Reflections Survey
- Something Wicked (Nocturnal Screams 7)
- A Canadian Werewolf in New York
- This Time
Around:A Canadian Werewolf Story
- Killing It On Kobo
1 thought on “Episode 63 – Wait. Did You Hear That? All About Audiobooks.”
Another great episode! I’m looking forward to using Findaway Voices for my next audiobook.