Thanks for the Inspiration is a new type of show that will appear from time to time in the regular schedule.
As writers, we often absorb elements from the world, the places, and the people around us. We observe, we ask questions, we speculative, we listen, we watch, we feel, and we write so much of that down which gets re-integrated, like some sort of sausage creation, into the stories and words and worlds we share with our readers.
This Thanks for the Inspiration episode is an attempt to acknowledge and say thanks to the people, places, and things that have helped to either feed the muse, or perhaps just to feed the very soul and makeup of the writer behind that writing.
This particular episode, Mark thanks Laurie Blake for his role in both his life and in his life in storytelling.
In his reflective thanks, Mark shares the influence that Laurie Blake has had on:
- His storytelling, in particular the memorable telling of “Angela’s Golden Leg” story that Laurie shared over a campfire, and how that continues to influence Mark’s own oral storytelling style to this day
- How Mark adapted that campfire tale into “The Legend of Prospero’s Ghost” which he has shared for the past two decades
- His perspective on trying to be open-minded and open-hearted in his approach to life
- His respect for an honest and hard-day’s work
- His fondness for roadtrips and excellent conversation with one’s traveling companion
- And more…
Links of Interest:
- Levack Ontario (Onaping Falls, ON)
- Fox Lake Lodge
- The Golden Arm Ghost Story (Wikipedia)
- Campus Chills
- Prospero’s Ghost (Free Short Story)
- Episode 90 – Interview with Craig Martelle
- Patreon for Stark Reflections