In this episode, Mark talks about the importance of attending events and conference outside one’s own area. In this case, since Mark normally attends conferences about writing and publishing, he extols the value he reaped from attending CAPS Convention 2019. CAPS is short for Canadian Association of Professional Speakers.
Prior to the episode, Mark shares a word from this episode’s sponsor.
You can learn more about how you can get your work distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
For his personal update, Mark shares details about the release of his new book AN AUTHOR’S GUIDE TO WORKING WITH LIBRARIES AND BOOKSTORES as well as comments on Twitter.
The twelve takeaways that Mark shares include quotes from the following CAPS CONVENTION 2019 speakers.
- Donald Cooper
- Mimi Brown
- George Campbell (AKA Joe Malarkey)
- David Arvin
- Gair Maxwell
- Ben Moorsom
- Kelly Swanson
- Lisa “Longball” Vlooswyk
- Clay Hebert
Links of Interest:
- CAPS – Canadian Association of Professional Speakers
- Findaway Voices Blog Post by Karen WIlliams
- An Author’s Guide to Working with Libraries & Bookstores
- Episode 105 – Location Based Storytelling with VoiceMap
- Episode 51 – A Lot of Niching to be Done with Rachell Amphlett
- Findaway Voices
- Patreon for Stark Reflections