In this episode Mark interviews Sir John Hargrave, the author of MIND HACKING, SIR JOHN HARGRAVE’S MISCHIEF MAKER’S MANUAL and the bestselling book BLOCKCHAIN FOR EVERYONE.
Prior to the interview, Mark discusses listener comments from recent episodes and also shares a word from this episode’s sponsor, Findaway Voices…
You can learn more about how you can get your work distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
Mark offers a personal update in which he shares a writing tip gleaned from Dean Wesley Smith at the recent WMG Publishing anthology workshop in Vegas that Mark had been speaking at earlier in the week.
He also shares the result of this year’s PLR Program (Public Lending Right Program) check.
In their discussion John and Mark chat about:
- The origin (which was a prank) where the name Sir John Hargrave came from
- The concept of reinventing yourself and how John went from being a human author to a geeky self-help author, to discussing rebuilding the global economy
- The common threads that move through all of John’s books
- The many mini careers that people tend to have in today’s day and age that draw upon the same core skills. In John’s case they are humor and technology
- How BLOCKCHAIN FOR EVERYBODY is about the reinvention of the self as an accessible book with humor
- What blockchain is and how John got into the technology
- The interesting origin of Bitcoin and the mystery of the creator who has vanished
- The concept of “one world money”
- How John had to write the book BLOCKCHAIN FOR EVERYONE twice
- The great promotional opportunity that John had for the book
- Finding the strength to go on when things are dark, and how you successfully respond to challenges
- How John had done his own audiobook using a professional recording studio that his son created in their home
- The new book BLOCKCHAIN SUCCESS STORIES that John is co-authoring for O’Reilly
- And more…
After the interview, Mark reflects on something John mentioned in the interview regarding persistence and personal growth in the face of adversity, and reads from two poems that he feels address the sentiment: “If” by Rudyard Kipling and “Still I Rise” by Maya Angelou.
Links of Interest:
- Sir John Hargrave’s Website
- Media Shower
- Blockchain for Everyone
- WMG Publishing Workshops
- Episode 120 – Writing all the Things with Leah Cutter
- Findaway Voices
- Twisted by Jeffrey Deaver
- The Sixth Sense
- Strangers to Superfans by David Gaughran
- Public Lending Right Program
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
Sir John Hargrave is author of MIND HACKING, SIR JOHN HARGRAVE’S MISCHIEF MAKER’S MANUAL and the bestselling book BLOCKCHAIN FOR EVERYONE.
He is also the CEO of Media Shower, his company publishes the blockchain investor website, Bitcoin Market Journal which reaches 100,000 blockchain investors monthly. He is a frequent speaker, lecturer, and was a hoot to interview.