This episode features an excerpt from Mark’s forthcoming book Wide for the Win, which was also shared on an Alliance of Independent Authors online article.
To “go wide” or “publish wide” is to distribute and sell books via multiple platforms, rather than limiting yourself to a single outlet, usually Kindle (the only retailer with a blatant exclusivity program).
Publishing wide is a common recommendation for long-term, sustainable, and scalable growth.
Prior to the interview, Mark shares a personal update that includes a forthcoming promo run and the exhaustion he is recently feeling with multiple book launches in a relatively small window, as well as a word from this episode’s sponsor.
You can learn more about how you can get your work distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
In the reading of the book excerpt/article excerpt, Mark shares ideas for authors at different stages of publishing wide.
- At the Start of Your Indie Writer journey
- Coming out of a Tour of Duty in KDP Select
- Returning to WIDE
- You’ve Been WIDE and You’re Not Selling
Links of Interest
- For Independent Authors: The Ultimate Guide to Publishing Wide (ALLI article)
- Wide for the Win
- Findaway Voices
- Mark’s Canadian Werewolf Books
- Julie Strauss’s Website
- Patreon for Stark Reflections