Mark shares four of the many pitfalls of publishing that can befall authors.
Prior to the main content, Mark shares a personal update and a word from this episode’s sponsor.
This episode is sponsored by The 2022 Write Stuff StoryBundle.
For StoryBundle, you decide what price you want to pay. For $5 (or more, if you’re feeling generous), you’ll get the basic bundle of four books in any ebook format—WORLDWIDE.
- Domesticate Your Badgers by Michael W Lucas
- Publishing Pitfalls for Authors by Mark Leslie Lefebvre
- Writing Craft by DeAnna Knippling
- A Freelancer’s Survival Guide to Starting Your Own Business by Kristine Kathryn Rusch
If you pay at least the bonus price of just $20, you get all four of the regular books, plus five more books and an online lecture, for a total of 10 books/lectures. That includes two StoryBundle exclusives!
- A Writer Prepares by Lawrence Block
- Free Your Inner Nonfiction Writer by Johanna Rothman (StoryBundle Exclusive)
- Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain and Virtual Worlds by Joanna Penn
- Create a Character Clinic by Holly Lisle
- Do…Quit Your Day Job by Christina F. York (StoryBundle Exclusive)
- The Pop-Up Series – Clean First Draft Writing by Dean Wesley Smith
During the main content of this episode, Mark shares four of the P’s of publishing pitfalls:
Links of Interest:
- The 2022 Write Stuff Storybundle
- Episode 202 – Predators and Publishers
- “7 Tools For Pacing A Novel & Keeping Your Story Moving At The Right Pace,” Courtney Carpenter, April 24, 2012
- “Pacing in Writing: 10 Powerful Ways to Keep Readers Hooked,” Reedsy Blog, October 13, 2018
- Save the Cat! Writes a Novel: The Last Book on Novel Writing You’ll Ever Need, Jessica Brody, Ten Speed Press, October 2018.
- Plot & Structure: Techniques and Exercises for Crafting a Plot That Grips Readers from Start to Finish, James Scott Bell. Writers Digest Books, October 2004.
- How to Write Best Selling Fiction, Dean R. Koontz, Writers Digest Books, September 1981. (Out of Print asof the release of this book in August 2021)
- Buy Mark a Coffee
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
- Accounting for Authors
- The Relaxed Author
- Publishing Pitfalls for Authors
- An Author’s Guide to Working with Libraries & Bookstores
- Wide for the Win
- Mark’s Canadian Werewolf Books