Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Mark shares the keynotes given by Terry Brooks and Susanna Kearsley from an event he hosted on August 12, 2022 for the virtual When Words Collide 2022 annual conference.
Prior to the main segment, Mark shares comments from recent episodes, welcomes a new patron and then says a word about this episode’s sponsor.
You can learn more about how you can get your work distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
- Terry Brooks talks about a topic he hates to answer or discuss: “Where do you get your ideas?” and explains why
- Susanna Kearsley explores the concept of an author’s supposedly “solitary” life that may actually be filled with relationships.
The full video of these keynotes, as well as the ones by Hank Phillippi Ryan and Edward Willett (plus the conversation and Q&A that followed the talks) can be found here on YouTube.
Links of Interest:
- When Words Collide
- EP 262 – Rambling Hometown Reflections
- The Fantastic Comic Fan Podcast EP 57 – Author Mark Leslie
- Buy Mark a Coffee
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
- Best Book Ever Podcast
- Lovers Moon Podcast
- The Relaxed Author
- Publishing Pitfalls for Authors
- An Author’s Guide to Working with Libraries & Bookstores
- Wide for the Win
- Mark’s Canadian Werewolf Books
- The Canadian Mounted: A Trivia Guide to Planes, Trains and Automobiles
The introductory, end, and bumper music for this podcast (“Laser Groove”) was composed and produced by Kevin MacLeod of www.incompetech.com and is Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0