Mark interviews Diann Floyd Boehm, an award-winning author of children’s books who writes stories to inspire readers to be kind, like themselves, and Embrace Imagination!
Prior to the main segment, Mark shares a personal update, recent comments and a word about this episode’s sponsor.
You can learn more about how you can get your audiobooks distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
During their conversation, Mark and Diann talk about:
- How Diane started off as a teacher – from 4 year olds all the way up to 8th grade
- Becoming one of the self-taught tech-knowledgable teachers in the system early on, falling in love with computers, and realizing how much she could help students
- Enjoying and preferring writing long-hand despite being comfortable with and adept at using a computer
- The process of developing and writing children’s books and the parallel inspiration for both children and adults that can exist within them
- The beauty of what can happen when people open their minds, expand their horizons and learn and work together
- The power of stories in sharing ideas and preventing people from putting up walls
- The hybrid publisher (OC Publishing) that Diane uses
- Diane’s new book CHARLIE AND THE TIRE SWING
- Recognizing that we’re all storytellers, even if we’ve never written anything, and exercises Diane likes to share to help people realize this
- The online story garden that Diane created on YouTube, creating safe, clean-cut and wholesome stories for families
- What Diann wish she’d known when she first started out
- Diann’s publicist, Mickey Mikkelson of The Creative Edge
- And more…
After the interview Mark reflects on the innate creativity we all have, and then talks in detail about the idea of “hybrid” publishing companies, and his default suspicion about them. He then goes to explain why OC Publishing is a legitimate business with very transparent and clear business practices and why a company like that which is honest and demonstrates integrity might be a good fit for some authors.
Links of Interest:
- Diann Floyd Boehm’s Website
- Diann’s Story Garden
- OC Publishing
- Writer Beware
- Findaway Voices
- Buy Mark a Coffee
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
- Best Book Ever Podcast
- Lovers Moon Podcast
- The Relaxed Author
- Publishing Pitfalls for Authors
- An Author’s Guide to Working with Libraries & Bookstores
- Wide for the Win
- Mark’s Canadian Werewolf Books
- The Canadian Mounted: A Trivia Guide to Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Diann Floyd Boehm is an award-winning international author of children’s books and has published a young adult historical fiction. In addition, Diann writes books to inspire readers to be kind, like themselves, and Embrace Imagination! You can find all her books on Amazon.
Diann’s Story Garden YouTube Channel lets children hear different children’s authors read their stories.
Diann continues to be involved in various humanitarian projects with multiple organizations.
Diann was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, to the parents of George M. Floyd and Mabel Adella Harris Floyd. She moved to Texas at about 18 months and her two brothers. Over time the Floyd family grew, and Diann had five brothers, Chris, Danny, Mike, Larry, and Bryan. Diann is a wife and mother of three grown children and one grandson. She has traveled extensively to many parts of the world and has lived in the Philippines and Dubai. She and her husband now reside in Austin, Texas.