In this week’s episode, Mark speaks with Tina Dietz who is an award-winning and internationally acclaimed speaker, audiobook publisher, podcast producer, and content marketing expert.
Prior to the interview, Mark shares a few personal updates that include the launch of his new traditionally published book Macabre Montreal, and how that book launch interfered with attending the NIGHT OF THE WRITING DEAD event in Pittsburgh that same weekend.
This episode is sponsored by Findaway Voices . . .
. . . and also by the Patrons of the show at www.patreon.com/starkreflections.
In their conversion, Mark and Tina talk about
- The link between writing/expression and entrepreneurship
- How writing (particularly in print) can be an enduring format as a tangable legacy
- Tina’s introduction into podcasting and audiobook production
- Tina’s Forbes article “Do You Sound Like a Leader?” that focuses on the relationship between vocal qualities and how a person is viewed as a leader
- Getting used to and comfortable with the sound of one’s own voice
- Breathing techniques and facial exercises used for voice or singing voice
- Food and drink to avoid when doing voice work (dairy and citrus, for example)
- The coaching Tina does helping authors getting ready to do interviews for radio or podcasting
- The difference between forms of media like television, radio and podcasting
- Trends in the audiobook industry that authors might not be familiar with
- The concept that anything you create needs to be an asset and not a burden
- The free download that Tina has on her website that helps demystifies the audiobook process – www.launchyouraudiobook.com
- Things to consider when deciding between narrating and producting an audiobook yourself or outsourcing that
- How Tina’s clients often “come for the audiobooks and then stay for everything else”
- The pre-interview Tina sent to Mark ahead of the podcast which made things so much easier for Mark
In the post-interview reflections, Mark talks about how Tina’s info PDF made his job as an interviewer so much easier and he also shares a link to a WORD document template that authors can download and modify so they have something similar to use for their own podcast or radio interviews.
Links of Interest:
- Tina’s Website
- Findaway Voices
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
- Night of the Writing Dead
- More Information about Stark Publishing Solutions
- Stark Reflections Survey
- Macabre Montreal
- The 7 P’S OF PUBLISHING SUCCESS
Tina Dietz is an award-winning and internationally acclaimed speaker, audiobook publisher, podcast producer, and content marketing expert who has been featured on media outlets including ABC, Inc.com, Huffington Post, and Forbes. Tina’s podcast, The StartSomething Show, was named by INC magazine as one of the top 35 podcasts for entrepreneurs. Tina’s company, StartSomething Creative Business Solutions, connects leaders, entrepreneurs and experts with larger audiences, resulting in expanded influence and income. Tina divides her time between the US and Costa Rica, where she’s part of a leadership team building a conscious community called Vista Mundo.