In this episode Mark speaks with Win Charles. Born with Cerebral Palsy, Win has defied the odds by becoming an author. Her memoir I, Win is an amazing story of how she remembers her life through the years of having a condition called “CP”. Win truly is an unstopable inspiration.
Before the interview, Mark shares a brief personal update about the progress he is making on recording the audiobook for The 7 P’s of Publishing Success.
He also shares the sources of the most recent royalty payment he has received from Findaway Voices, indicating that the four that made up his most recent audiobook income came from:
- Authors Direct
If you want to learn how you can leverage the power of Findaway Voices . . .
In their conversation, Mark and Win talk about:
- The 10 books that Win has written and published
- How easy it is to use Draft2Digital to publish eBooks
- Win’s latest book Smile With Dictation which explains the process of how Win uses dictation to assist with writing
- The combination of using Siri and Dragon Naturally Speaking Dictation that Win uses to write her books
- How long it takes to train dictation software
- Win’s first book I, Win, which came out 8 years ago
- The improvement in technology of dictation software between Win’s first book and her latest one
- The writing space Win prefers to write in
- The passion for writing that Win has always held
- The story behind the book I, Win and how it ties
in tothe loss of her mother
- How Win does her best using social media to support independent authors
- The origin of Win’s jewelry company
- Win’s experience participating in the Kona Ironman
- The role that teaching and education has played in Win’s life
- The journalism degree that Win is currently in the process of working towards
- Win’s podcast (AskWin) that has reached more than 1000 episodes
- Existing audiobooks Win has created (and how), and the plans Win has for future audiobooks
After the interview Mark reflects on Win’s message of the importance of showing people what you CAN do, not what you CAN’T do.
Links of Interest:
- Win Charles’ Website
- Win’s Books2Read Author Page
- Season Seven, Episode 159 of Win’s Podcast (with Mark as the guest)
- Findaway Voices
- Dragon Speech Recognition Solutions
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
- Stark Reflections Survey
- The 7 P’s of Publishing Success
- Killing It On Kobo
Born with Cerebral Palsy, Win Charles has defied the odds by becoming an author. Her memoir I, Win is an amazing story of how she remembers her life through the years of having a condition called “CP”. As a competitor in the Kona IronMan Triathlon, CEO of her own jewelry design company, and motivational speaker, Win Charles truly is an inspiration to many. Today Win Charles tours the country, speaking to schools and institutions to raise awareness about cerebral palsy and living a full life no matter what holds you back. She is also an advocate of veterans across the world.