The chat was composed of questions submitted by authors and answered by Dan Wood, Kevin Tumlinson, and Mark.
Prior to the main segment, Mark shares a personal update and then shares a word from this episode’s sponsor Findaway Voices . . .
In the Live Chat, Dan, Kevin, and Mark cover these questions:
- How does Draft2Digital work with its retail and library partners for various promotional opportunities, and what do those platforms look for?
- Formatting your own copyright page VS the system-generated copyright page option that D2D offers.
- An overview of publishing your eBooks “wide” to all retailers VS being exclusive to Amazon Kindle.
- The way that libraries purchase eBooks (the two main liscening options).
- What’s going on with Draft2Digital and Google Play.
- How can an author get their books onto bookstore and retailer shelves.
- How Findaway Voices might change the landscape for audiobooks being available beyond Audible.
After the recording, Mark reflects on the importance of actually reaching out when there is an offer available to you as an author and taking advantage of it because you and your writing are valuable and worth it.
Links of Interest
- Draft2Digital Blog with Tags “Marketing” and “Promotion”
- The Draft2Digital Facebook Page
- Draft2Digital Blog Post with video & full transcript
- Episode 15 – Interview with Kevin Tumlinson (The Process of a Writer’s Life)
- Episode 53 – The Co-Founders of Draft2Digital
- Findaway Voices
- Stark Reflections Survey
- Patreon for Stark Reflections