In this episode Mark shares the first half of a Draft2Digital “Ask Us Anything” Live Chat that was recorded on Thursday June 27, 2019.
The chat was composed of questions submitted by authors and answered by Dan Wood, Kevin Tumlinson, and Mark.
Prior to the main segment, Mark shares a personal update, talks about comments from previous episodes, discusses the ongoing “Comment on Episode 81 for a chance to win a copy of Jim Kukral’s Your Journey to Becoming Unskippable which is open until July 10th, mentions Patrons, and then shares a word from this episode’s sponsor Findaway Voices . . .
For this episode’s ad read for Findaway Voices, Mark reads a question and the answer from the good folks at Findaway which had been asked, but didn’t end up being read during the chat, due to time constraints.
The question: Is there a lot of preparation involved in getting your book ready or is it as simple as handing over your published manuscript as is?
In the Live Chat, Dan, Kevin, and Mark cover these questions:
- What is the biggest missed opportunity on D2D for most indie authors already using the platform?
- I understand that the eBook will go out to places that are checked on the next page. How can I check on the results?
- In addition to universal links, what’s the benefit of using D2D to list our books?
- Why are payments from Draft2Digital sometimes delayed?
- Is the expense
forpurchasing my own ISBNs worth the outlay?
- How do promo opportunities work for the various channels you distribute to? Places like Kobo and Apple and OverDrive.
- I’m confused over how to make Books2Read work for me. Beyond a link on my website, what more should I be doing to help readers find me?
- Is there some sort of pre-built chart or graph in the Draft2Digital dashboard that shows all your sales in one place?
- Questions about formatting WORD documents with images for eBooks as well as using Vellum for eBook formatting.
After the recording, Mark shares a few thoughts about the idea of asking questions and how questions can be understood differently by different people.
Links of Interest
- Draft2Digital Blog with Tags “Marketing” and “Promotion”
- The Draft2Digital Facebook Page
- Episode 15 – Interview with Kevin Tumlinson (The Process of a Writer’s Life)
- Episode 53 – The Co-Founders of Draft2Digital
- Findaway Voices
- Stark Reflections Survey
- Patreon for Stark Reflections