In this episode, Mark interviews Janice Savage, Savvy Concierge about strategies that enable work-life balance which translates into more personal time and less stress.
Prior to the interview, Mark reads a word from this episode’s sponsor, Findaway Voices…
You can learn more about how you can get your work distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
He then reads comments from recent episodes, reminding listeners they still have a chance to win a copy of THREE STORY METHOD and the accompanying workbook from J. Thorn and Zach Bohannon by commenting on Episode 123 before the end of March 2020.
He also shares a brief personal update that includes the adaptation of the Career Author Summit in Nashville in May (where Mark is a featured speaker) to a virtual event, as well as being a guest on the Rebel Author Podcast with Sacha Black.
In their conversation, Mark and Janice talk about:
- How Janice loves being in a position to do something to help other people, which organically grew into her business
- How Janice pays attention and listens to both what people say, as well as the things that people don’t say, as part of her process of helping them
- The value of being invited into the personal workspace of the people that Janice works with
- The importance of, before looking at someone’s space, you take a look at their values
- What “clutter” does to us (makes us stressed, takes away our focus) – space, mind, physical clutter
- How having clutter in our minds and physically, it takes away from the creative process
- Examining a workspace for all of the things that can cause distraction
- The importance of making a specific system that works for you, your preferences, your goals, your work space
- How routine and the right habits build success
- The complimentary consult that Janice offers her potential clients
- How small changes can make a huge impact
- The importance of having an accountability partner
- The value of SNAP (The “Sunday Night Plan”) – which is a written-down plan for the forthcoming week
- Ideas for managing an email inbox without getting stressed or overwhelmed
- And more . . .
After the interview, Mark reflects on the importance of building up solid habits or an impactful routine
Links of Interest:
- Janice’s Website – Savvy Concierge
- Findaway Voices
- Library Promotion Opportunity (Expires after March 29, 2020)
- Episode 123 – Three Story Method with J. Thorn and Zach Bohannon
- Episode 124 – Lindsay Flanagan on Working with an Editor
- The Rebel Author Podcast – Episode 21 – How to Get Your Book Into Libraries
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
Janice Savage, founder of Savvy Concierge, is a Professional Organizer and Lifestyle Manager. She alleviates the stress and that feeling of being overwhelmed that her busy clientele experience.
Janice has taken the strategies and tips she developed first by raising four kids and then by working one-on-one with her clientele to introduce Savvy Principles to Simplify Your Life.
She has recently segued into speaking opportunities, educational presentations and conducting workshops where she shares her expertise with larger audiences. By empowering the audience to attain their goals through an organized and decluttered personal and professional life she is spreading her message – Simplify Your Life.