Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
In this episode, Mark shares the details of a recent book launch, including the series re-branding, the promotion efforts taken in the metadata, the third party promotion sites used, and also shares the good, the bad, and the ugly of the results.
Prior to his personal update and the main content, Mark shares comments from recent episodes and a word from this episode’s sponsor, Findaway Voices.
You can learn more about how you can get your work distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
In his personal update, Mark shares details about the Kickstarter that he launched on August 25, 2020 called Feed the Obsession, as well as the advice he took from Russell Nohelty (Episode 149’s guest), and what advice he didn’t employ. Mark’s Kickstarter funded in less than 48 hours, and he is now working on the stretch goals.
In his anatomy of a book launch, AKA anatomy of a series re-launch, Mark shares information in the following areas:
- A Brief history of the stories/books in the “Canadian Werewolf” series
- Why he went with the re-branding and new covers
- The actual launch – and multi-product approach he took to release all titles in eBook, Trade Paperback, Hardcover, and Audiobook
- The Launch related promotions he purchased (including sites like Freebooksy, Fussy Librarian, and others)
- Goals and disclaimers about his expectations for the promo and short-term VS long-term
- Results so far (1 week and 2 days in)
- Other promotional activities such as a virtual book launch, sending out press releases, and one-sheets to libraries
Links of Interest:
- Episode 149 – Killing it on Kickstarter with Russell Nohelty
- Mark’s Feed The Obsession Kickstarter
- Space 1975 Kickstarter (Robert Jeschonek)
- Mark’s Virtual Book Launch for Stowe Away (YouTube)
- Video Trailer for Stowe Away (YouTube)
- This Time Around: A Canadian Werewolf Story – Teaser (YouTube)
- Mark’s Canadian Werewolf Series
- This Time Around (Book 0)
- A Canadian Werewolf in New York (Book 1)
- Stowe Away (Book 1.5)
- Fear and Longing in Los Angeles (Book 2)
- 927 Rock Sudbury – This Werewolf is a Super Hero
- Sudbury Star: Author reflects on how Sudbury shaped his latest book
- Findaway Voices
- Wide for the Win Submission Form
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
The introductory, end, and bumper music for this podcast (“Laser Groove”) was composed and produced by Kevin MacLeod of www.incompetech.com and is Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0