Mark interviews Philippa A. Werner, a two times USA Today Bestselling author and the public face of ScribeCount about her writing and the new sales analytics tool for authors.
You can learn more about how you can get your work distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
Mark also thanks Patrons of the podcast and announces the patron winner of Clark Chamberlain’s Story Stuck Coaching package.
In their conversation, Mark and Philippa talk about:
- Philippa’s background as a writer (under the pen names Moira Katson and Natalie Grey
- The initial release to the sound of crickets, and the later release of the Light and Shadow trilogy which really took off
- How Philippa learns best by “jumping off the deep end”
- Advice that if you’re having trouble coming up with a blurb for your book, that might be an indication that there’s a fundamental problem with the story itself
- The ScribeCount platform which is a sales aggregator that helps authors analyze their sales in a single dashboard
- Why ScribeCount was created because the creators themselves (Philippa and Randall Wood) wanted that tool they could use
- The launch of ScribeCount on Jan 15, 2021
- The easy process by which an author can set up an account on ScribeCount in a matter of minutes
- The beginning-author-friendly cost structure for ScribeCount
- Some of the details and analytics that are easily available to see on ScribeCount
- And more…
After the interview Mark reflects on the importance of sales analysis and access to amazing tools created by folks from within the author community.
Links of Interest
- Moira Katson Website
- Randall Wood Author
- The Indy Author Podcast – EP 063 – Wide for the Win with Mark Leslie Lefebvre
- EP 173 – DF Hart on Recovering from Mistakes
- ScribeCount Podcast – Success and the Future of Publishing with Mark Leslie Lefebvre
- Findaway Voices
- Wide for the Win
- Wide Writer Survey
- Wide for the Win Submission Form
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
Philippa A. Werner is the public face of ScribeCount, overseeing the customer interaction, content, and overall service side of the company. Her main goal is to reduce friction for our subscribers.
Holding a Bachelor of Arts in Economics with a minor in Mathematics she brings her analytic skills to the team and then balances them with her creative abilities. With 19 novels to her name, including 2 USA Today Bestsellers, Philippa speaks the complicated language of indie-author very well.
A native of Minnesota she can often be found shoveling snow, watching science fiction movies, or arguing thermostat settings. She is an expert at getting socks on a fleeing toddler.