Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Mark interviews Honorée Corder, an executive and strategic book and publishing coach, TEDx speaker, and the author of more than 50 books including You Must Write a Book.
Prior to the interview, Mark shares a personal update, some recent comments and a word from this episode’s sponsor.
This episode is sponsored by Findaway Voices.
You can learn more about how you can get your work distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
In their conversion Mark and Honorée talk about:
- The way Honorée’s business got its start after a discussion with Mark Victor Hansen, co-creator of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series
- Collaborating with businesses that want to use her books to promote/market their own business and how that has created a win/win/win situation
- Purposefully writing and marketing books to targeted potential clients with bulk discount rates in mind
- How people will throw out business cards but are far less likely to throw out a book
- Researching how to make the process of custom back covers for the same front, spine, and interior with a designer and a printer
- Ideas for how authors can leverage this type of marketing by offering a potential client a pile of books to give away to their clients
- Adapting an abundance mindset versus a scarcity mindset
- The mental hurdles that writers have to overcome in order to face prosperity
- What makes the difference between a hobbyist and a professional
- Commitment versus interest
- The question of “whether or not the person I am tomorrow will be proud of the person I am today”
- The importance of having downtime, quiet time, and opportunities for recharging our creativity
- How having a schedule can set you free from not worrying about something that’s on your plate
- The basic principlee behind “The Miracle Morning” (Hal Elrod) and “The Miracle Morning for Writers” (Hal Elrod and Honorée)
- How, for the most part, you can find 15 minutes in different parts of your day
- A few things she didn’t expect before beginning this journey
- How writing from a really raw place allowed Honorée to see that the more authentic she has been in her writing, the more readers have liked it and it has helped people
- And more
After the interview, Mark reflects on some of the things that this chat inspired in him, including an idea that sprung from the conversation.
Links of Interest:
- Honorée Corder’s website
- BookBub Blog Post – Chirp Follow Buttons
- Episode 197 – The Darkness Within
- Episode 196 – Haunted Walks & Talks with Jim Dean
- The Relaxed Author
- Planes, Trains & Automobiles
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
- Wide for the Win
- Mark’s Canadian Werewolf Books
Honorée Corder is an executive and strategic book and publishing coach, TEDx speaker, and the author of more than 50 books including You Must Write a Book. Additionally, she is co-creator of The Miracle Morning book series with Hal Elrod. Honorée passionately helps business professionals and entrepreneurs write, publish, and monetize their books, boost their brands, and get much more business! She also runs the Empire Builders and The Collective Mastermind groups, does all sorts of other magical things, and her badassery is legendary. You can find out more at HonoreeCorder.com.
The introductory, end, and bumper music for this podcast (“Laser Groove”) was composed and produced by Kevin MacLeod of www.incompetech.com and is Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0