An interview with Kim Lengling, author, writer, and host of Let Fear Bounce podcast and the Write Stuff, the author’s voice TV Show.
Prior to the main content, Mark shares comments from recent episodes, a personal update, and a word about this episode’s sponsor.
You can learn more about how you can get your work distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
During their conversation, Mark and Claire talk about:
- How Kim accidentally fell into writing after being asked to share a very personal story about her grandfather who was a WWI veteran in front of an audience of 800 people and a bunch of television cameras
- Being invited to write a monthly column on veteran issues after this speech
- The evolution of this writing into personal stories that Kim helped veterans shared
- Being the person who can help other people share their stories
- A little about her grandfather’s personal story that Kim had shared on that fateful day
- The unique manner by which some of the veterans Kim has spoken to wanted to share their stories, and just how difficult sharing those stories can be for them
- How with each story, Kim’s passion for helping other people sharing their stories grew
- Kim’s transition from sharing those stories to her podcast and television work
- The circumstances that led to Kim wanting to start a podcast
- Why Kim named her first podcast “Let Fear Bounce”
- The universality of fear and how that means virtually anyone can be a guest on that podcast regardless of their background
- The 3 faith-based anthologies Kim published in the “When Grace Found Me” series that shares real life stories of women of faith
- Kim’s advice for writers that includes the negative self-talk authors can often do to sabotage themselves
- Reaching out to Kim if you’re interested in being on her podcast: VIA: email@example.com
- And more…
After the interview Mark shares a brief reflection about something Kim said that really stuck about continuing to do something because of the fulfilling feeling that comes from doing it.
Links of Interest:
- Kim Lengling’s Website
- Let Fear Bounce – Season 2, Episode 6: Barnaby Bones, Werewolves and Big Cities….Oh My! with Mark Leslie Lefebvre
- Findaway Voices
- EP 241 – Indie Publishing Has a Creep Problem
- EP 240 – Character, Story, & Industry Alignment with Claire Taylor
- EP 233 – Love, Only Better with Paulette Stout
- No One Will Read Your Book: And Other Truths About Publishing
- Superstars Writing Seminars
- Buy Mark a Coffee
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
- The Relaxed Author
- Publishing Pitfalls for Authors
- An Author’s Guide to Working with Libraries & Bookstores
- Wide for the Win
- Mark’s Canadian Werewolf Books
Kim Lengling “accidentally”, began writing in 2004. With her writing, she shares her faith, nature, love of rescue animals, and living with PTSD.
She has been featured as a co-author in seven anthologies, is the lead author and coordinator of a collaborative 3-book faith-based series titled When Grace Found Me, the host of the podcast Let Fear Bounce, and host of The Write Stuff, the author’s voice TV Show.
You can regularly find Kim taking walks with her rescue dog, Dexter, reading, drinking coffee, and jotting down story ideas about her Realm. She is also 20+ year advocate for Veterans who live with PTSD .