Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Mark interviews Kerrie Flanagan and Cary Bergeron from CraveBooks.
Prior to the interview, Mark shares a brief personal update and a word about this episode’s sponsor.
You can learn more about how you can get your audiobooks distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
During the interview, Mark, Kerrie and Cary talk about:
- A bit of a background about Kerrie’s writing, publishing, and industry experience, including her multiple previous appearances on the Stark Reflections podcast
- Cary’s experience running a marketing agency and how CraveBooks was initially a side project that grew into something bigger
- The challenge with many of the promo sites and the fact they don’t “save” or “keep” the details from an author of previous promotions
- What CraveBooks.com is and how it works as a marketing platform tool for authors
- How CraveBooks owns and operates about eight of those sites, but also has connections via third party promotion sites
- How Kerrie and Cary met and started working together
- Where Mark and Kerrie first met
- The “Version 2” of CraveBooks, AKA, CraveBooks 2.0 and the bells and whistles that will be included in that
- How you have a free author profile on CraveBooks
- vice about marketing in general
- And more…
After the interview Mark reflects on a couple of different things from the conversation.
Links of Interest:
- CraveBooks (affiliate link)
- Other episodes featuring Kerrie Flanagan
- EP 209 – Growing Sales, Subscribers, and Twitch Marketing with Kerrie Flanagan & Chuck Harrelson
- EP 117 – Multi-Layered Collaboration with Kerrie Flanagan, Chuck Harrelson, and MacLeod Andrews
- EP 45 – Co-Authoring with the Writers Behind C. K. Wiles
- EP 31 – Writing and Selling Magazine Articles with Kerrie Flanagan
- Findaway Voices
- Buy Mark a Coffee
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
- Best Book Ever Podcast
- Lovers Moon Podcast
- The Relaxed Author
- Publishing Pitfalls for Authors
- An Author’s Guide to Working with Libraries & Bookstores
- Wide for the Win
- Mark’s Canadian Werewolf Books
- The Canadian Mounted: A Trivia Guide to Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Crave Books is a full-service eBook site and daily email service that gives readers free and bargain eBooks and connects readers and writers. The site also offers a variety of book promotional opportunities and service for authors to raise their profiles and reach new readers.
The introductory, end, and bumper music for this podcast (“Laser Groove”) was composed and produced by Kevin MacLeod of www.incompetech.com and is Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0