Mark interviews Kerrie Flanagan and Cary Bergeron from CraveBooks.
Prior to the interview, Mark shares a brief personal update and a word about this episode’s sponsor.
You can learn more about how you can get your audiobooks distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
During the interview, Mark, Kerrie and Cary talk about:
- A bit of a background about Kerrie’s writing, publishing, and industry experience, including her multiple previous appearances on the Stark Reflections podcast
- Cary’s experience running a marketing agency and how CraveBooks was initially a side project that grew into something bigger
- The challenge with many of the promo sites and the fact they don’t “save” or “keep” the details from an author of previous promotions
- What CraveBooks.com is and how it works as a marketing platform tool for authors
- How CraveBooks owns and operates about eight of those sites, but also has connections via third party promotion sites
- How Kerrie and Cary met and started working together
- Where Mark and Kerrie first met
- The “Version 2” of CraveBooks, AKA, CraveBooks 2.0 and the bells and whistles that will be included in that
- How you have a free author profile on CraveBooks
- vice about marketing in general
- And more…
After the interview Mark reflects on a couple of different things from the conversation.
Links of Interest:
- CraveBooks (affiliate link)
- Other episodes featuring Kerrie Flanagan
- EP 209 – Growing Sales, Subscribers, and Twitch Marketing with Kerrie Flanagan & Chuck Harrelson
- EP 117 – Multi-Layered Collaboration with Kerrie Flanagan, Chuck Harrelson, and MacLeod Andrews
- EP 45 – Co-Authoring with the Writers Behind C. K. Wiles
- EP 31 – Writing and Selling Magazine Articles with Kerrie Flanagan
- Findaway Voices
- Buy Mark a Coffee
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
- Best Book Ever Podcast
- Lovers Moon Podcast
- The Relaxed Author
- Publishing Pitfalls for Authors
- An Author’s Guide to Working with Libraries & Bookstores
- Wide for the Win
- Mark’s Canadian Werewolf Books
- The Canadian Mounted: A Trivia Guide to Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Crave Books is a full-service eBook site and daily email service that gives readers free and bargain eBooks and connects readers and writers. The site also offers a variety of book promotional opportunities and service for authors to raise their profiles and reach new readers.