Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
In this episode, Mark interviews Adriel Wiggins about the behind-the-scenes support she provides authors as both a virtual assistant as well as a continuity editor.
Prior to the interview, Mark provides a short personal update and talks about this episode’s sponsor, Findaway Voices . . .
In their chat, Mark and Adriel discuss:
- The backstory of how Adriel got involved in becoming an author’s virtual assistant
- The random jobs she had been working at prior to taking editorial and VA type work
- The different and unique tasks that each author Adriel works with use her for
- What she looks for in terms of authors that she is interested in wrking with
- How an author can determine if they are ready for a virtual assistant
- Typical charges for a virtual assistant’s various tasks
- What continuity editing is and why it is important
- The four types of editing (Developmental Editing, Copy/Line Editing, Proofreading, Continuity Editing)
- The eggs benedict breakfast that James A Owen hosts at Superstars Writing Seminars
- The importance of valuing yourself
After the interview, Mark reflects on the importance of valuing yourself and your time as a writer.
Links of Interest
- Adriel’s Pricing Info
- Adriel on Working with an Assistant
- Adriel’s curated resources
- Episode 61 (which includes a brief chat with Adriel)
- Findaway Voices
- Scott Overton
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
- Stark Reflections Survey
Whether she is running her own business, tackling administrative duties at her local Christian school, or raising her family, Adriel Wiggins always seems to find herself the center of a situation in need of organization. Combining her passion for organization and optimization with her love of books, Adriel Wiggins now helps authors to streamline the non-writing aspects of managing a successful writing career. For more than four and a half years, she’s balanced the in’s and out’s of book promotion, community growth, online marketing, and more for a growing roster of clients from around the world.
2 thoughts on “Episode 66 – Behind the Scenes Author Support with Adriel Wiggins”