Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Mark interviews Vikrant Shaurya, CEO and Founder of Bestsellingbook.com.
Prior to the interview, Mark shares an extremely brief personal update with crappy audio from a Vegas hotel room and a word about this episode’s sponsor.
You can learn more about how you can get your work distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
In their conversation Mark and Vikrant talk about:
- The story of how Vikrant got started in writing
- Spending more time in the college library than in classe
- Starting a company, making a number of mistakes, and being left with no money and being forced to shut down the business
- Discovering self-publishing and working hard to write and go through the publishing process
- Creating a “done for you” publishing company to help entrepreneurs and speakers
- Who Vikrant’s ideal client is and the detailed customized process of ensuring their book is written using their insights/knowledge/experience in their unique voice
- The packages and costs of making the book a bestseller on Amazon
- The process of the angel writers who work closely with clients
- Going through the book chapter by chapter with the client with unlimited revisions
- Potential opportunities for writers to work for Bestselling Book as angel writers
- And more…
After the interview, Mark reflects on the various needs and pathways for different types of writers and where a service like Bestsellingbook.com might fit in to that.
Links of Interest:
- Findaway Voices
- SelfPubCon 2021: The Writing Craft Conference (ALLI) – The Craft of Writing Short Books
- The 2021 NaNoWriMo Writing Tools Storybundle
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
- The Relaxed Author
- Publishing Pitfalls for Authors
- An Author’s Guide to Working with Libraries & Bookstores
- Wide for the Win
- Mark’s Canadian Werewolf Books
Vikrant Shaurya is the CEO & Founder of BestsellingBook.com, #1 Bestselling Author, sought-after Book Launch Manager, and an internationally recognized Digital Publishing Expert. He has helped thousands of entrepreneurs and first-time authors actualize their dreams by joining them in their self-publishing journeys through his courses, coaching, and done-for-you services.
The introductory, end, and bumper music for this podcast (“Laser Groove”) was composed and produced by Kevin MacLeod of www.incompetech.com and is Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0