Mark shares three short audio excerpts from the November 2021 20BooksVegas conference.
20Books Vegas 2021 is by far the biggest and best of the 20Books shows (there have been ten so far). It is the biggest show in the world focused on self-publishing although there is something for every author, traditional or indie.
The 20Books mentality is that everyone deserves a chance to succeed if they take the knowledge and experience and apply it to their author business.
With up to 20 authors making seven figures a year and hundreds making a full-time living, there will be something for everyone. Be warned, no one is going to carry you and make you an overnight sensation. You have to do that for yourself by applying what over 100 guest speakers have to offer. Are you ready to excel, reap the rewards of your good work? Then take control of your author career.
Prior to the main content, Mark shares recent comments, a personal update, thanks new patron Michael Howell and shares a word about this episode’s sponsor.
You can learn more about how you can get your work distributed to retailers and library systems around the world at starkreflections.ca/Findaway.
The three clips (each approximately 10 minutes) are:
- Mal Cooper – Finding and Keeping Fans
- https://youtu.be/qlqdlrgGXCQ (Full video)
- Caroline Peckham – Starting and Growing Your TikTok Platform
- https://youtu.be/dBiIPaeYUmk (Full video)
- Kevin McLaughlin – The Five Pillars of Indie Publishing
- https://youtu.be/yFXZAoi02sk (Full video)
Links of Interest:
- 20BooksVegas Website
- 2021 Video Playlist of 144 Videos (YouTube)
- Findaway Voices
- EP 218 – John Gaspard on Business, Magic, and Writing
- The 2021 NaNoWriMo Writing Tools Storybundle
- Patreon for Stark Reflections
- The Relaxed Author
- Publishing Pitfalls for Authors
- An Author’s Guide to Working with Libraries & Bookstores
- Wide for the Win
- Mark’s Canadian Werewolf Books